Monday, February 19, 2018

Into the Fire (Compass Boys 2) by Jayne Rylon & Mari Carr

This book is about James another one of the compass boys and the son of Seth and Jody. He finds what he wants to do with his life by smokejumping. Jumping out of planes to put out fires. He loves the work but he also loves breeding horses with his dad on Compass Ranch. He's split between two worlds for half the year. When he meets Ivy in the woods there is an instant attraction, he then finds out she's his boss' daughter. They begin to date even though Ivy has made it perfectly clear for reasons unknown that she doesn't date smokejumpers. When James discovers why and a tragic events happens on the ranch back home they cling to each other and lose one another. Can they get back the love they feel for each other and find a way to face their demons and be together? 
 OMG! So in love with James right now he was such a sweetheart and so understanding about Ivy's feelings when he discovers her secret. I love how she came home with him and she just fit right in with the group. I loved reading about James' smokejumping I had no idea that was even a real job. I loved the parts with Jake and was sad about what happened. I loved that James never gave up and even though Ivy fought him deep down she knew that they were meant to be as well. I loved that he kidnapped Ivy kind of in the same style that his dad did to his mom. This was just another great addition to the Compass family saga. As always the story and the writing was so good I couldn't put it down and one chapter turned into ten and several hours late I was done the book. I can't wait to read about the other Compass Boys.
✯★✯★

No comments:

Post a Comment